Our School Councillors are elected every September by their peers - each class holds an election following presentations by each child interested in the role. We ensure that this process is fair for all involved. Reception children, who are new to the school, are elected by their class teachers.
Our School Council is a great example of democracy in action. As a group, they aim to make the school an even better place to be by working with school leaders, teachers, parents and peers.
In the last two-years, School Council have:
- designed the KS2 library;
- raised funds by running stalls at the summer fair;
- assisted in the creation of the Outdoor Classroom;
- helped design the nurture spaces around school;
- actively promoted British Values through sessions with their classes;
- conducted Headteacher interviews alongside school governors;
- organised a school Pop Up Market Day to raise funds.
School Councillors are here to represent the children and give all pupils a voice in a more formalised way. Each class holds School Council meetings to raise issues or ideas, which are then shared with school leaders.
They do a fantastic job!
Outdoor Learning/Forest School
We will soon be thinking about how we can use our Outdoor Classroom and Forest School area more during lessons and to support our curriculum. If you have any ideas, please let your class councillor know ahead of next academic year.