Y2 Online and interactive activities
Here is a list of websites, APPs and games that children may find useful to support their learning:
- 50 activities to try at home: https://abcdoes.com/home-learning/
- Free home learning packs for a variety of subjects can be found here: https://www.planbee.com/
- You can click on https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html to download an activity book for your child's Key Stage from tts group.
- Lots of free resources for Primary age: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Listening activities for the younger ones: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/radio
- Home learning resources: https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/teaching-tools/articles/resources/scholastic-learn-at-home--free-resources-for-school-closures.html
- All sorts of engaging educational videos: https://ed.ted.com
- Maths, phonics, reading, science & revision activities are currently free here: https://www.pearson.com/uk/educators/schools/update-for-schools/primary-support.html
- Twinkl have made the platform available to all through this with the code UKTWINKLHELPS. Parents need to go to the following URL to register with this code https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
- You can visit Literacy Zone here http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/literacy/
- Resources for English language learning: https://www.britishcouncil.org/school-resources/find
- Hundreds of eBooks are free to access here: https://worldbook.kitaboo.com
- www.phonicsplay.co.uk is temporarily free to use at home. Use www.new.phonicsplay.co.uk to access it from a phone or tablet.
- http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/ - Has lots of information, printable resources for each of the Letters and Sounds phonic phases, and also links to games aligned with each phase.
- http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ParentsMenu.html- Offers a selection of interactive games for all phonic phases. Mostly simple games.
- www.ictgames.com/literacy.html - Has a great selection of games that link well with games in Letters and Sounds.
- http://www.bigbrownbear.co.uk/magneticletters/ - Make any words with this useful game.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/the-alphablocks-guide-to-phonics lovely short videos to demonstrate the different phonemes and alternative spellings
- You can visit Numeracy Zone here http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/maths/
- KS1 arithmetic section on https://candomaths.org/ is aimed at replicating past questions from the arithmetic paper for KS1 SATs.
- For practising general maths skills and for using alongside our curriculum plans, go to https://corbettmathsprimary.com/content/
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10 offers 10 quick maths questions for all ages (pencil and paper required!)
- https://corbettmathsprimary.com/ have worksheets on every area of maths (with supporting ‘how to’ videos and answers). They also have a 5 a day section with mixed questions (bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels available for differentiation).
Art and DT
- All kinds of making: https://www.tinkercad.com
Geography, History and RE
- Geography gaming: https://world-geography-games.com/world.html
- https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/?fbclid=IwAR2npzi5cD0dFp70LMvMOyGT-lmPTwSrSoIlMzYZwWT0BhlARt10f1rzZVQ National Geographic for kids!
Computing and Science
- Science awards you can complete from home: https://www.crestawards.org
- Free science lessons at https://mysteryscience.com
- https://www.kodugamelab.com/ is a computer game programming software. This software is free to download on computers but can also be access on Xbox. Children design and code their own computer games.
- Learn computer programming skills - fun and free: https://blockly.games
- Dance and physical activities: https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Joe Wicks' YouTube channel has lots of children's 5 minute workouts here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LPrhI0v-w