- Learning (including Remote Learning offer)
- Remote Learning Offer
- Year Five
- Y5 Online and interactive activities
Y5 Online and interactive activities
Please click on documents below to download activities suggested by your child's class teacher. Alternatively, click on the links below for online activities:
- 50 activities to try at home: https://abcdoes.com/home-learning/
- Free home learning packs for a variety of subjects can be found here: https://www.planbee.com/
- Home learning resources: https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/teaching-tools/articles/resources/scholastic-learn-at-home--free-resources-for-school-closures.html
- Twinkl have made the platform available to all through this with the code UKTWINKLHELPS. Parents need to go to the following URL to register with this code https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
- Maths, phonics, reading, science & revision activities are currently free here: https://www.pearson.com/uk/educators/schools/update-for-schools/primary-support.html
- Activities and quizzes: https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/?fbclid=IwAR2wJdpSJSeITf4do6aPhff8A3tAktnmpaxqZbkgudD49l71ep8-sjXmrac
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html has hundreds of resources, activities and video-based activities for English and other topics.
- You can click on https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html to download an activity book for your child's Key Stage from tts group.
- All sorts of engaging educational videos: https://ed.ted.com
- Lots of free resources for Primary age: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Resources for English language learning: https://www.britishcouncil.org/school-resources/find
- You can visit Literacy Zone here http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/literacy/
- Hundreds of eBooks are free to access here: https://worldbook.kitaboo.com
- You can visit Numeracy Zone here http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/maths/
- For practising general maths skills and for using alongside our curriculum plans, go to https://corbettmathsprimary.com/content/
- ArithmeQuiz (for those not able to use the app, the website https://candomaths.org/
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10 offers 10 quick maths questions for all ages (pencil and paper required!)
- https://corbettmathsprimary.com/ have worksheets on every area of maths (with supporting ‘how to’ videos and answers). They also have a 5 a day section with mixed questions (bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels available for differentiation).
Art and DT
- All kinds of making: https://www.tinkercad.com
- Dance and physical activities: https://www.gonoodle.com/
Geography, Science and History
- Geography gaming: https://world-geography-games.com/world.html
Computing and Science
- Science awards you can complete from home: https://www.crestawards.org
- Free science lessons at https://mysteryscience.com
- Learn computer programming skills - fun and free: https://blockly.games
- https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/?fbclid=IwAR2npzi5cD0dFp70LMvMOyGT-lmPTwSrSoIlMzYZwWT0BhlARt10f1rzZVQ National Geographic for kids!
- https://www.kodugamelab.com/ is a computer game programming software. This software is free to download on computers but can also be access on Xbox. Children design and code their own computer games.
- Learn languages for free: https://www.duolingo.com It can be used on the web and via an APP.
- Joe Wicks' classroom workouts are available on his YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TGEdzRzSbw
- www.gonoodle.com for exercises and dance.
- Just Dance is great fun and the children love it in school: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChIjW4BWKLqpojTrS_tX0mg